From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equipment upgrade

Hi,

We just changed an experimental setup by upgrading the wave generator and the oscilloscope.
We upraded from an Agilent 33120A to a 33220A wave generator and from a 54645A to a 54622A oscilloscope. We had a c++ code that worked fine with the original setup. I tried to run the same code and I'm getting wrong results. Is there any change in the new equipment output that I must consider ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,351 Views)
Hi Heidy,

Do you know which instrument is not functioning the way you are expecting? Judging from the drivers that I was able to find, my guess would be that the 54622A is giving you problems.

An IVI driver for the 54622A can be downloaded here
An IVI driver for the 33220A can be downloaded here.

The driver for the 33220A is the same IVI driver for the 33120A, so it may not need to be downloaded. However there are two different drivers out there for the 54622A and the 54645A. Your code may need to be changed up a little to use the 54622A driver, but it may be as simple as referencing the 54622A driver rather than your 54645A driver.

Let us know if you are getting errors in particular that we can troubleshoot with you, or if you are able to isolate your problem to one instrument in particular.

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,341 Views)
Hi,

We changed an 54645A HP oscilloscope to a Agilent 54622A oscilloscope. And I installed the driver that you recommended for this oscilloscope. The communication with the oscilloscope seems to be ok. However, when downloading data from the oscilloscope it doesn’t match the data displayed in the screen. I reviewed the c++ code and I am using the iscanf function to read the data. This function is part of the sicl.h library. Is there any change in this file for accessing data of this scope?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,238 Views)
Hi Heidy,

So aside from the data not looking the same as the data that you see on the oscilloscope, no errors pop up when you are trying to communicate with the device that halt execution, right? To get to your new issue, there is a single example that ships as part of the driver that you downloaded, and there are no calls to iscanf in the file, at least not at the high level, and the sicl.h file is not included either in the document. I would recommend that you use this example as a starting point to begin trying to get data from your oscope (C:\VXIpnp\WinNT\ag5462x\ag5462x_example.txt).

As far as the sicl.h file and iscanf functions go, these both belong HP/Agilent. I did some searching to see what I could find about each, and the best recommendation I can give you is that you double check that you are trying to read the data correctly - that is, make sure your format string is correct, and make sure that you are pointing the return data to the correct location.

Here's a file that I found via google that might help:
Using HP SICL with HP-IB

Good luck!

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,218 Views)