From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

environment

why don't NI think about the environment why spill a lot of energy to download 8GB if you only need a driver of 10 MB i dont know how many NI users are forced to download 8 GB whil the only to need to update a small driver but its a waste of network traffic energy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,574 Views)

What driver were you looking for?  And what did you download?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,571 Views)

NI-Motion

i just clicked NI Device Drivers 2016.02

i missed the last line but still its 600 MB

i had it also in the past that you had to download nearly a GB to install a driver (National Instruments\NI-488.2\3.1.2)

and it looks like that often takes a long time to install because it whas checking all of the devices of the installer if it was on the system

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,567 Views)

@db42 wrote:

NI-Motion

i just clicked NI Device Drivers 2016.02

i missed the last line but still its 600 MB

I quick search gave me the NI Motion download: NI Motion 15.0  Yep, almost 600MB.  But a lot better than the 8GB for a large majority of all NI drivers.

I have yet to run into a single driver that required the whole driver suite.  The separate installs have always been available.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,563 Views)