Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

environment

why don't NI think about the environment why spill a lot of energy to download 8GB if you only need a driver of 10 MB i dont know how many NI users are forced to download 8 GB whil the only to need to update a small driver but its a waste of network traffic energy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,576 Views)

What driver were you looking for?  And what did you download?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,573 Views)

NI-Motion

i just clicked NI Device Drivers 2016.02

i missed the last line but still its 600 MB

i had it also in the past that you had to download nearly a GB to install a driver (National Instruments\NI-488.2\3.1.2)

and it looks like that often takes a long time to install because it whas checking all of the devices of the installer if it was on the system

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,569 Views)

@db42 wrote:

NI-Motion

i just clicked NI Device Drivers 2016.02

i missed the last line but still its 600 MB

I quick search gave me the NI Motion download: NI Motion 15.0  Yep, almost 600MB.  But a lot better than the 8GB for a large majority of all NI drivers.

I have yet to run into a single driver that required the whole driver suite.  The separate installs have always been available.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,565 Views)