Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

energy meter

there is no wire mode setting in advanced setting....
it only shows receive buffer and transmit buffer seuings......:-(
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,207 Views)

Did any kind of user manual come with this USB hardware, paper or PDF?  And if so, does it do more than just tell you how to install the drivers?  Or did any kind of other application (self test, configuration, etc) get installed along with the driver?

How can the driver have no understanding of 485 wire modes?  I don't have any answer for that, other than to suggest that the driver is not correct for the hardware, or didn't install correctly.  If I were you I'd be looking for updated Prolific USB serial drivers that might support the 485 interface more properly.

No, cancel that, I'd be ordering an NI USB-48/1 to replace the Prolific.

Dave

EDIT:  I totally missed that you'd included the manual in a prior post!  I apologize.  It isn't a very extensive document, but when I look at the pinout they show, it's clear to me they are already supporting ONLY two-wire mode electrically.  So their driver MUST be set to toggle the transmitter on/off.

So, what wiring did you actually change in your earlier post?  And, have you tried reversing plus and minus as a last resort?

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,205 Views)

i have  updated profilic driver.....

wi am unable to find NI USB-48/1 as u suggested.....wher would i get it??

i exchanged plus minus terminals also...

i have installed ni serial drivers (niser340).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,183 Views)
My typo! Again, sorry. The correct part is USB-485/1, you should find it on the NI website under serial hardware. And the NI-Serial drivers won't do you any good with a Prolific converter - but you'll need them with the NI converter so it's ok that you've installed them in advance.

It appeared that you were using LabVIEW in evaluation mode. Have you acquired a license?

Also, just making sure, you DID also install MAX and NI-VISA components as part of your LabVIEW installation, right?

Dave
David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,180 Views)

yes i have installed ni-MAX and visa...

i have chanaged the energy meter (SATEC PM130EH PLUS) . now i am able see the parameters in labview.

currently we are aquiring voltage reading bt we have to show these readings with the meter timing when they were taken....

can you suggest us how to synchronize timing of pc (labview) and energy meter so that we can show the readings with energy meter time.

can you send any vi.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,162 Views)

I'm using an Acuvim CL-D-60 via RS-485. What I found that was an issue is the labelled A and B lines were WRONG...

When I reversed the A + B communication lines into the meter, the RS-485 comms started working properly.

I'm using the B&B Electronics Model  485SD9TB converter (RS-232 to RS-485) .

I've used this with MANY RS-485 devices and

every now and then, a specific instrument model will require the swapping of the A+B connections.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,068 Views)

Use this VI,

Modify the register Address if required

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(665 Views)