Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download NIDAQmx.lib

Solved!
Go to solution

I have re-installed NIDAQ multiple times, making sure ANSI-C support was included.  NIDAQmx.h is installed, but NIDAQmx.lib is not!  Can I just download the .lib?  I am running version 14.0 f1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,836 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Euticus

@Euticus wrote:

I have re-installed NIDAQ multiple times, making sure ANSI-C support was included.  NIDAQmx.h is installed, but NIDAQmx.lib is not!  Can I just download the .lib?  I am running version 14.0 f1.

Windows 7 :   C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\lib\msvc

Message 2 of 4
(5,828 Views)

Thank you!  That was the most useful info I ever got off this website.  For some reason, windows search did not find it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,826 Views)

hi, I work in W11 x64 PC. I'm working in MATLAB2023 a 64, developing some code written in ANSI C. When I link the header file NIDAQmx.h to NIDAmx.lib, it does not work: the functions of the library are not defined, the variable declared as float64 is not compatible with the argument float64, the library NIDAQmx.lib is created in x86 and is not compatible with x64 architecture.  In Visual C the NIDAQmx.lib works fine. with minGw64 I have to link NIDAQmx.h to the C:\Windows\System32\nicaiu.dll directly.

MATLAB does not work code C linking header files to dynamic library, .dll. I think it should be nice can get the static library created under X64 architecture, .lib, but I don’t know so hard can be compile it. Is there any probability for obtain NIDAQmx.lib in 64 bits version?

P.S.: I think as you that this in no the best place to post this, but I didn’t find anyone better than this post.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(934 Views)