Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data acquisition with Agilent 33522A

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone 🙂

when using NI-daqmx driver  (for data acquisition with agilent 33522A) what hardware should I use and configure please (name of the card )

please anything that might help me 😞

thanks 😄

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,140 Views)

@Mjackson5 wrote:

Hello everyone 🙂

when using NI-daqmx driver  (for data acquisition with agilent 33522A) what hardware should I use and configure please (name of the card )

please anything that might help me 😞

thanks 😄

Why do you think you need NI-DAQmx driver?  The Agilent 33522A is a function arbitrary waveform generator instrument.

You already have another post about this same topic. http://forums.ni.com/t5/Discussions-au-sujet-des-autres/%C3%A9talonnage-automatique-d-un-fr%C3%A9que...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,128 Views)

Mjackson5,

Can you explain more what you are trying to accomplish? Are you trying to read in a waveform or function from the Agilent 33522A? If this is what you want to do, you would need an analog input DAQ device. Which one would depend on the form factor you want to use (PCI, PCIe, cDAQ, USB), the voltage range of the signal you want to measure, how many channels you want to sample, and what sample rate you need. 

Jordan C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,097 Views)

Jordan C ,

Thank you for your time, I'm new in labview and I'm facing some difficulties.

below is a picture of how Am I supposed to connect my two instruments ( I have to release a calibration of an instrument via labview so I have to control my instrument "send value and receive values")

I have an NI PCI-GPIB card and a GPIB cable (you can see it in the picture attached below (red) )

I want to know whether the card + the cable can replace the USB-GPIB cable (black circle) or not .

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,081 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mjackson5

The cable circled in black looks like a USB-GPIB cable. You can use an NI PCI-GPIB card and GPIB cable instead as long as you have a PC with an available PCI slot. If you are connecting through GPIB, you won't use DAQmx, like Intens said.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,068 Views)

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,028 Views)