Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a config file

hello to all! I am new to Labview development and am currently tasked to
create a multi-functional tester that controls several instruments, 34401's,
TDS7104, HP6050A, 120-ASX AC source. I would like to get your ideas on how I
should create a single configuration file that would be used during the whole
duration of the tests (load regulation, line regulation,etc....). Different
tests require different conditions being set during the config file creation.

For example:

Load Regulation would require me to tests the power supply at:
a. MIN Input Voltage at MIN load current
b. MIN Input Voltage at MAX load current
c. MAX Input Voltage at MIN load current
d. MAX Input Voltage at MAX load current

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,656 Views)
Hi DonLabVIEW,

First let me recommend that you use the instrument drivers available at www.ni.com/idnet, our Instrument Driver Network. These drivers provide you with VIs that take care a lot of the lower-level details and will greatly aid you in your programming. You can select Search Drivers and search for your different instruments. We have drivers available for most of the devices you mentioned.

Now, I am not quite sure what exactly you are wanting to do with this configuration file. Are you wanting to have some settings saved on your computer that you can read into the program to know how to set your instruments for the test? If so, you can use the File I/O functions, read in the file, and then parse out the data from the file and use it in the program to determine what settings you want. If you just have a sequence of tests you need to make, there are several ways that you could set up the program to do it on its own without having to read from a file. I hope your programming is going well, and please let us know if there is anything else specific that we can help you out with!

john
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,641 Views)