From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert hp4294a drivers to hp 4195a

Solved!
Go to solution

That`s what I will do! Thank you very much for your help and time 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,116 Views)
You still will have a somewhat long and tedious process. When I've done this, I started at the lowest level functions. Bee due to make a backup of the original driver.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,115 Views)

Yeah I was thinking about that too. I have duplicated dthe 4294A drivers (the second renamed to 4195A) because I was afraid I would mess them up. However,  I was thinking, if I can ask from NI to create drivers for the 4195A. That would be great 😄 ! Is there someone I can turn to? And if yes, how much time will the whole procedure take? My deadline is on the 14th of August 😞 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,107 Views)
On the main instrument driver page - http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/ there is a link to request a driver. Since driver creation is based on demand and your 4195 is obsolete, chances are NI would not work on it but you can try. It would likely take months to complete if it was done at all. Better would be hiring an Alliance member to do the work for you.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,099 Views)

I did not know about Alliance members but I searched it a little bit now. I suppose it will be costly and since I am having an internship, I do not think I could afford it. But thank you very much for your help! Appeciated :-}

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,089 Views)