Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection between GPB-USB-HS and HP8753E

hi

i need to connect gpib-usb-hs to network analyzer hp8753E. I would know if i can use VIs that are in ''open functions palette»Intrument I/O»Intrument Drivers»HP8753 VIs'', otherwise if there is an example of vi already made for this connection.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,812 Views)

Where did you get those drivers? Those drivers don't normally come with LabVIEW, so I'm assuming you or someone else installed them previously. Are those the old, LLB-style, or the new, project-style version? For the E model I think you should be able to use the ES drivers, which you can find here: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=0470F4B7B0D65044E0440003BA7CCD.... You can also find instrument drivers via the Help -> Find Instrument Drivers... menu item.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,800 Views)

i found those drivers in the library of labview 8.6..are they usefull for my purpose??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,791 Views)

Those drivers are not shipped with LabVIEW. That means that either you or someone else put them there. Are they useful to you? Probably, but without knowing what, exactly, you have, there's no way to know. The safest thing to do is to go to the LabVIEW 8.6\instr.lib folder and delete that HP8753 folder and download the instrument driver from the NI site, and follow the instructions on how to install it (which basically means copying the folder to the instr.lib folder).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,767 Views)

i think that those drivers were already in labview 8.6 library. Have a look at this post http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Please-Help-Agilent-or-HP-8753ES-Network-anal...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,755 Views)

They are not. Trust me. I have a clean installation of LabVIEW 8.6. The only drivers that LabVIEW comes with out of the box are drivers for the 34401. Someone installed those after LabVIEW was installed.

Message 6 of 7
(3,751 Views)

谢谢

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,980 Views)