Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication probem by using GPIB-130 bis extender

Hi !
i'm working with Labview 7.1 in order to control a Coherent joulemeter. My PC is connected to my device through GPIB-130 bus extender and all the connects associated (so it must be transparent ...)
But, when I Scan for instrument, software tells me that " scan for instruments found to many listeners on the GPIb" and that I have to use INteractive Control and help to enter some parameters. But I don't know what to enter as I don't have all the informations required (ex; number of bytes in idwrt ,...)
What must I do ?
An other solution ?
Thank you,
Thomas H
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,810 Views)
Thomas,

The bus extender is not truly "transparent". In actuality, it acts as a GPIB repeater. The extender will essentially listen on every GPIB address and repeat the same data and command bytes out the other side. So, when you do a scan for instruments, the software will detect that there are 31 listeners on GPIB. The bus extender should however, be transparent to an application that does not make usage of FindLstn or ibln functionality.

You may want to develop your application connected directly to your instrument, then go ahead and insert the bus extender. At this point, your application ought to work the same.

I hope this helps out.

Craig A.
National Instruments Engineer
Message 2 of 3
(2,799 Views)
Hi Craig!
thanks for the reply !
thomas H
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,780 Views)