From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot communicate with instrument on new computer

Hi,
I am taking a PC-GPIB board out of a computer running Windows 98 and putting it in a computer running Windows 2000. The instrument I am connecting to the board is a Mitutoyo CV-624 Contour Reader. When the board is in the W98 computer, it works just fine, but when I switch over to the W2000 computer, the board cannot find the instrument. The hardware wizard says the board is working correctly, but the GPIB explorer software says nothing is connected. I have tried both v2.10 and v1.7 drivers for W2000. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,778 Views)
Chris,

I run into a similar problem with my instrument not being seen by my PCI-GPIB controller (destop computer), but recognized by my PCMCIA-GPIB laptop. After I re-installing the 488.2 software that came with the card, it worked. Hope my similar experience helps/guides you in the right direction to solving your problem.

Otman
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,778 Views)