Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

byte swapp with ibwrt

I have programed a application with Borland C++ windows 2000 and a PCMCIA gpib card. The reading works fine with out any problem. The writing transmits the the bytes always swapped and ibconfig(board,IbcWriteAdjust,1) does not change any thing.How can I swapp the byte ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,087 Views)
Hello,

IbcWriteAdjust and IbcReadAdjust are no longer supported as of driver version 2.0. The current driver version for your configuration is 2.1. These functions were primarily intended to swap the byte order on a read or a write from Little Endian (Intel) to Big Endian (Motorola) and vice versa.

The data that is sent with an IBWRT or similar command will be sent one byte at a time starting at offset 0 (the first byte or character in the string) and proceeding until the end of the string a byte at a time. If you require another byte order, you will need to re-order your bytes before they are passed to the 488.2 driver for writing.

Please let me know if I did not address your question or if you need further assistance by replying here.

Scott B.
Applicat
ions Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,087 Views)
Seeing your answer, I looked for a new version of "NI-488.2 Function Reference Manual for Windows". From the search results, it seems that the manual's part number has changed from 321038g (June 1999) to 370936A-01 (February 1999). A higher number but an earlier date? Is there a current version of this manual?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,087 Views)
The latest function reference manual is installed with the 488.2 driver. Look in Start -> Programs -> National Instruments -> NI-488.2 -> NI-488.2 Help.

Scott B.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,087 Views)
You're right, and the latest English-language version is in the same directory together with the one that you pointed me to. Thank you.

Regarding the documentation listed on the web site, I'm not sure exactly where to point, since everything is found by searches starting at http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/MainPage?ReadForm&node=132020_US

Anyway, where the information and link are listed for the function reference manual, it would surely be helpful to add your comment there. Customers might or might not still have some reason to download the monolithic PDF file, but at least we would know where to find newer information.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,087 Views)