Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOKOGAWA DX2000 Ethernet Setup

For some unknown reason the LabView MAX cannot connect to my YOKOGAWA DX2020 over the ethernet. The ethernet is communication is present because I can ping the YOKOGAWA and it responds correctly. Then I used the LabView Measurement and Device Explorer (MAX) Device Interfaces/Create New/ VISA TCP/IP. I entered the fixed IP address for the YOKOGAWA and then the validate button said error "Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system."

How do I correctly setup the YOKOGAWA DX2020 to communicate over ethernet with LabView 2010?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,817 Views)

Do you know for a fact that it's VXI-11 compliant? Did you try the RAW option?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,812 Views)

The YOKOGAWA DX2020 does not appear to be VXI-11/LXI. They were not automatically found on the local subnet. I also attempted the RAW IP address. I entered the exact same as setup up on the YOKOGAWA DX2020. I made sure the USE ethernet was turned on also.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,804 Views)

I found the solution. The port number for the YOKOGAWA DX2000 series is 34260. The DNS IP address was added to the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) connection. This must be the same fixed IP address that you created in the YOKOGAWA Ethernet setup menu. Then start the LabView Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). Create a new device interface using the VISA TCP/IP. Use the Manual Entry of Raw Socket resource. Enter the IP of the YOKOGAWA along with the port number 34260. The LabView 2010 MAX is then able to find the chart recorder Ethernet port after clicking the validate button. Then create any alias name for your YOKOGAWA. Then start a vi such as the Yokogawa DX200 Acquire Continuous Multiple Measurement Data Example.vi. The alias will be in the VISA Resource Name pull-down list. Then click the run button.

Good Luck....

Message 4 of 6
(4,791 Views)

How did you find the port number to your YOKOGAWA? I have a PNA that is VXI-11 compliant and I am having the same problem, NI-MAX cannot see it, although, explorer can access my PNA.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,026 Views)

it was a life saver. really appreciate your inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,442 Views)