From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless network on Windows

As soon as I connect my laptop to c-RIO using a lan network cable, I lose my wireless connectivity on windows. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks for any pointers.

Vishal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,636 Views)

@vishalmahulkar wrote:

As soon as I connect my laptop to c-RIO using a lan network cable, I lose my wireless connectivity on windows. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks for any pointers.

Vishal

How is this a NI problem?

Talk to Microsoft.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,630 Views)

This is the first time I am posting here. I though this was an NI community and not just an NI tech support. I was hoping someone who had faced similar issue might be willing to help.

And I sincerely hope I am not wrong in assuming this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,621 Views)

@vishalmahulkar wrote:

This is the first time I am posting here. I though this was an NI community and not just an NI tech support. I was hoping someone who had faced similar issue might be willing to help.

And I sincerely hope I am not wrong in assuming this.

This is a NI commuity for questions about Instrument Control not about Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,615 Views)

I have connected other devices using the lan cable without any problem (e.g .dSPACE, OpalRT). So obviously there is something in the cRIO settings that is not quite right.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,593 Views)

Is your router accessible? Are you able to plug the cRIO into the router instead?

Also, it may have to do with some settings on your computer; you might have to adjust your adapter metrics, since Windows prioritizes the faster connection. Here are some resources related to this.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/windows-7-why-is-the-network-a...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/44103-42-using-computer-wireless-hardwired

Message 6 of 6
(4,539 Views)