Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless network on Windows

As soon as I connect my laptop to c-RIO using a lan network cable, I lose my wireless connectivity on windows. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks for any pointers.

Vishal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,639 Views)

@vishalmahulkar wrote:

As soon as I connect my laptop to c-RIO using a lan network cable, I lose my wireless connectivity on windows. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks for any pointers.

Vishal

How is this a NI problem?

Talk to Microsoft.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,633 Views)

This is the first time I am posting here. I though this was an NI community and not just an NI tech support. I was hoping someone who had faced similar issue might be willing to help.

And I sincerely hope I am not wrong in assuming this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,624 Views)

@vishalmahulkar wrote:

This is the first time I am posting here. I though this was an NI community and not just an NI tech support. I was hoping someone who had faced similar issue might be willing to help.

And I sincerely hope I am not wrong in assuming this.

This is a NI commuity for questions about Instrument Control not about Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,618 Views)

I have connected other devices using the lan cable without any problem (e.g .dSPACE, OpalRT). So obviously there is something in the cRIO settings that is not quite right.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,596 Views)

Is your router accessible? Are you able to plug the cRIO into the router instead?

Also, it may have to do with some settings on your computer; you might have to adjust your adapter metrics, since Windows prioritizes the faster connection. Here are some resources related to this.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/windows-7-why-is-the-network-a...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/44103-42-using-computer-wireless-hardwired

Message 6 of 6
(4,542 Views)