Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows task bar locks when .vi is running

The Windows task bar locks when the .vi is running.
How do I enable the windows task bar so I can multi-task when my .vi is running? Is this new with LabVIEW7?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,008 Views)
LabVIEW will attempt to take as much CPU that Windows allows. This is to guarantee the fastest possible processing of your program. If there is a loop that does not have a wait in it, Windows may not respond fast enough for the task bar. Try running any example program, such as Dialog Box Demo. If this solves the problem, you can fix the problem in your VI by adding a wait inside of your while loop.

Allen P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,008 Views)
Thanks Allen, I thought you may have had the answer as I do have a clock function running all the time, but I have a delay in that loop. I figured out what is going wrong. If I maximize the .vi, then the task bar will not function when the .vi is running. So, I did not maximize the .vi, and chose 'Size the front panel to the width and height of the entire screen' on the Window Size category under vi properties, and the task bar now works when the .vi is running. I feel that I should be able to have the front panel maximized, and still use the task bar. I do have 'Always on top' selected in my Start/Settings/Taskbar options. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,008 Views)