From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows GetCommError Code xF9C0

Hi,
I developed a labview 6.0.2 application to test a UUT via the USB Port on a PC with Win2000. On the PC, a PCI serial card is used for COM1, an external USB to Serial adapter is used for COM2. After the test program initializes COM1 and COM2 and the DMMs connected to them, and when the program tried to talk to the UUT via the USB port, A Windows GetCommError code xF9C0 came up. Can this error caused by the USB Serial Adapter? Or it is a windows driver or labview related issue? Your hints are appreciated. BTW, my application is generated on a Windows 98 PC, will it matter?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,136 Views)
Hi,

Do you know exactly what function within the "USB - Port Open.vi" is generating the error.

The error code doesn't make sense comming from a serial port. The error code from GetCommError are interpreted as a bitfield. In the error code returned it seems that a bunch of errors occurred at the same time.

My guess is that another function is returning the -1600 error code. The function may not be realted to the serial port at all. The description shown by the LabVIEW error handler mentions the GetCommError() function because the error code falls with the Comm errors.

DiegoF.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,136 Views)