Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why failed at the step "equentially Verified", causing Beckman sequencer CEQ2000 not recognized?

Our Beckman sequencer CEQ2000 (for DNA sequencing) can't work, probably due to connection failure between GPIB card and the machine, because the Beckman guy installed another card (a little different with ours,maybe newer, and fixed the problem.)He suggested that we order a new card.

I installed the ni488223.exe, but nothing can change:It failed step three of the Getting Started Wizard: "Sequentially Verified." But device manager reported it works properly.

Did the card expire? Or any other problem. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,590 Views)
What kind of card do you have and what kind of card is the Beckman using? Are they all PCI-GPIB card? The NI-488.2 card does not work with some of the older GPIB cards, Please check your GPIB card with the linked page and locate the correct driver for it first:

http://www.ni.com/support/gpib/versions.htm

When failing the "Sequentially Verified." sometimes there is a IRQ conflict for the card, go to Device Manager, look for "Resources" tab under the GPIB card's properties and see if there is a conflict there.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,578 Views)
Sorry for omitting the details. They are all PCI-GPIBs.The older is made in 1998 and the newer 2002.
I try to find the conflicts, but failed.
Maybe the card can't work anymore. It is really rare for computer cards.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,567 Views)
Is old driver for the PCI-GPIB card in 1998 available?The beckman guy replaced it with ni4882160.exe. maybe it is also too new.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,566 Views)
I think you confused me. The NI4882160 is the ver 1.6 driver which is really old, the current driver version is 2.3. What's the version of NI488.2 driver do you have? You can go to the following website and find the right GPIB driver for your PCI-GPIB card and upgrade to the most current version.

The bottom line: if two same PCI-GPIB cards are running on the same computer, same application, and same driver, they should both work or one of them broken.

I would spend more time troubleshooting with old card and check if it can establish any communications first. Also if you are using an instrument driver, maybe there is a version requirement for the NI488.2 driver to work with it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,554 Views)
I know the NI4882160 is rather old. I had thought that the NI4882160 is too old to support my old card. So I download the most current driver ni488223 and installed it.(all of these should be done by Beckman but their man is not familiar with NI and the computer system.) However, the same failure happened.

I thought my card is broken. So did the Beckman guy.

I just wondered whether a PCI-GPIB card can expire or NI new driver support NI old card. So the question is: What I need to do is to buy a new card or to request an authorization for the new driver I had downloaded. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,550 Views)
There is no expiration date on out GPIB card and our newest driver should work with it regardless of when it was made.

Before you go ahead and send the card in for repairing, try open Measurement & Automation Explorer, under System, go to Device and Interfaces and see if you can find the GPIB interface there, right click on it and select "Scan for instrument", if it finds the instrument, you can right click on the instrument and select "Communicate with instrument and try to write some commands to it and see if it works.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,528 Views)