Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my simple serial VI application crash on starting.

I have written and tested a simple VI which collects data from a serial device. The VI works perfectly on my development computer.

I created an application from my VI, and installed it on another computer with the the Labview 6i RunTime Engine.

The application started but would not communicate with my instrument. I noticed that the VISA resource name combo-box button was greyed out as well. VISA was returning error 1073807346 "??? in VISA Configure Serial Port->[VI NAME].vi"

I checked NI Support and found the article "VISA Program Does Not Run as a Distributed Application". Which suggested my visaconf.ini file aliases were not present. I could not find the file on the computer and assumed I had to ins
tall some kind of VISA software.

I tried installing the VISA RunTime Engine, ver2.60. This installed the visaconf.ini file which I added the correct aliases to. After rebooting I tried my application again, but it crashed on starting.

I since tried installing the application on my development computer and the application appeared to crash in the same way.

What am I doing wrong?!

Best regards,
RBGT.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,709 Views)
Try to use NI Measurement & Automation Explorer for debug your situation.
"Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living..." - Albert Einstein
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,709 Views)