Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I get ni4882.h file?

Solved!
Go to solution

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(9,544 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jgs3
It's part of NI-4882. and assuming you select an appropriate language when you install it. It will be in the same folder as the examples.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(9,541 Views)

My installation completed without error, the utilities are fully functional, I have all of the examples, but the header file (ni4882.h) is nowhere on my machine.

CF

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(7,447 Views)

@cfedonczak wrote:

My installation completed without error, the utilities are fully functional, I have all of the examples, but the header file (ni4882.h) is nowhere on my machine.

CF

OS ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(7,406 Views)

Win 7

Objective is to develop C++ app to access the GPIB-USB-HS device.

Search process so far:

Searched for "GPIB-USB-HS drivers".

Brought me to support page for the product which lists these windows driver installers:

Tried each of them.

No luck.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(7,403 Views)

@cfedonczak wrote:

Win 7

Objective is to develop C++ app to access the GPIB-USB-HS device.

Search process so far:

Searched for "GPIB-USB-HS drivers".

Brought me to support page for the product which lists these windows driver installers:

Tried each of them.

No luck.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Charles

Where did you try looking for the ni-488.h file?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(7,397 Views)
You should really be using VISA so that your application is portable to other controllers or if you switch interfaces such as USB, Ethernet, or RS232. The lower level GPIB functions have not been recommended for years.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(7,388 Views)

Searched for the ni-4882.h file in all directories of my Windows machine.

During each of the installs, the C examples all include this header, but the header file does not get installed on the machine.

Thanks for your interest.

CF

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(7,372 Views)

My app is for a temporary test setup, very simple. Read a frequency counter do a little arithmetic, log to a text file.

If I had that header file I could have this done in less time than it would take to read the Visa user's manual. Visa would be overkill for my app.

The cost of using this interface has gotten way out of hand due to the missing header file.

I found a GPIB - USB from another company that has support for C.

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

CF

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(7,371 Views)

@cfedonczak wrote:

My app is for a temporary test setup, very simple. Read a frequency counter do a little arithmetic, log to a text file.

If I had that header file I could have this done in less time than it would take to read the Visa user's manual. Visa would be overkill for my app.

The cost of using this interface has gotten way out of hand due to the missing header file.

I found a GPIB - USB from another company that has support for C.

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

CF

Your program won't stay simple for long.

Management will want changes.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(7,340 Views)