From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find NationalInstruments.NI4882.dll?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a GPIB adapter to connect to a machine that I want to control using VB .NET. I've installed the examples for .NET 4.5, and one example imports NationalInstruments.NI4882. I can't seem to find a dll by this name on the "NI-488.2 for Windows Version 14.0" CD. Where would this file be located on the CD, or where can I download it directly, or is there a dll with a different name I should be referencing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,585 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jpreynolds

The dll should have been installed when you installed the 488.2 drivers.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(8,583 Views)

Is there any difference between what is on the CD I received and what is available at http://www.ni.com/download/ni-488.2-14.0/4802/en/ ? The CD I have is "NI-488.2 for Windows and NI LabVIEW Real-Time Version 14.0". From the CD installation, I've searched the Public Documents -> National Instruments folder, as well as the Program Files -> National Instruments folder, but I haven't found anything with ni4882.dll. Do you know the location where the DLL should have been installed? I found a NationalInstruments.Common.dll, would I reference this or do I need to find the specific 488.2 dll?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,569 Views)

Nevermind, I believe I found it in the MeasurementStudio folder, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,560 Views)