Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find NationalInstruments.NI4882.dll?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a GPIB adapter to connect to a machine that I want to control using VB .NET. I've installed the examples for .NET 4.5, and one example imports NationalInstruments.NI4882. I can't seem to find a dll by this name on the "NI-488.2 for Windows Version 14.0" CD. Where would this file be located on the CD, or where can I download it directly, or is there a dll with a different name I should be referencing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,589 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jpreynolds

The dll should have been installed when you installed the 488.2 drivers.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(8,587 Views)

Is there any difference between what is on the CD I received and what is available at http://www.ni.com/download/ni-488.2-14.0/4802/en/ ? The CD I have is "NI-488.2 for Windows and NI LabVIEW Real-Time Version 14.0". From the CD installation, I've searched the Public Documents -> National Instruments folder, as well as the Program Files -> National Instruments folder, but I haven't found anything with ni4882.dll. Do you know the location where the DLL should have been installed? I found a NationalInstruments.Common.dll, would I reference this or do I need to find the specific 488.2 dll?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,573 Views)

Nevermind, I believe I found it in the MeasurementStudio folder, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,564 Views)