From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I am using LabVIEW>>DAQmx >>Dig I/O>>Port Input>> My Phys

ical Channels says 'No supported devices found'. I am using the Polhemus Fastrak and attempting to write a driver for the Serial port interface. Please explain how to find the supportive devices. My background in DAQ and Labview is very weak. THANKS!!!When I am using LabVIEW>>DAQmx >>Dig I/O>>Port Input>> My Physical Channels says 'No supported devices found'. I am using the Polhemus Fastrak and attempting to write a driver for the Serial port interface. Please explain how to find the supportive devices. My background in DAQ and Labview is very weak. THANKS!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,125 Views)
ical Channels says 'No supported devices found'. I am using the Polhemus Fastrak and attempting to write a driver for the Serial port interface. Please explain how to find the supportive devices. My background in DAQ and Labview is very weak. THANKS!!!You do not have a DAQ device in the sense of having a board in the PC that does data acquisition. You cannot use any of the DAQ or DAQmx functions for communication with your serial instrument. In your posting to the LabVIEW General forum, you stated that you were using VISA. That is the correct approach. First however, you should try to communicate with the device using something like Hyperterminal and verify all of the settings and cable are correct before trying to write a driver. You might want to take a look at this tutorial.
Message 2 of 3
(3,125 Views)
ical Channels says 'No supported devices found'. I am using the Polhemus Fastrak and attempting to write a driver for the Serial port interface. Please explain how to find the supportive devices. My background in DAQ and Labview is very weak. THANKS!!!Thank-you so much! I've been stuck, not knowing where to start for 1.5 months! You've been a great help!
Ivanka
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,125 Views)