Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are considering to choose the GPIB card or usb-gpib converter for control o

ur two instruments:spectrum analyzer and signal generator,questions:1.would you pls provide the checklist for the set up?2.why your product seems more expensive than agilent GPIB card or convert?3. we want to use Labwindows/CVI to develope the application.4.if we need to buy the gpib-connector? how much we should totally spend if on GPIB card solution or USB-GPIB Conveter solution?
5.Agilent 82357A is cheaper than your product?I do not know why?if you product price include the driver while they don't,if we use convert,is it need to use driver also?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,827 Views)
ur two instruments:spectrum analyzer and signal generator,questions:1.would you pls provide the checklist for the set up?2.why your product seems more expensive than agilent GPIB card or convert?3. we want to use Labwindows/CVI to develope the application.Liu,

I believe I can answer a few of your questions. If you would like to speak to an NI Technical Sales Representative for some of the parts that I am not able to answer, please call 888-280-7645. To connect to your instruments, you will need:

1. A GPIB interface (either a PCI solution, USB solution, or some other interface card)
2. A GPIB cable for each device (this depends somewhat on the distance between them as there are certain distance ratings on GPIB cables

Drivers are included with the purchase of the GPIB interface (the ethernet GPIB interface requires a separate license for its driver, but the USB and PCI versions are downloadable off of NI's website).

Scott
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,827 Views)