From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watlow F4 GPIB-USB-HS Error-1073807331 The Specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource

Hello,

I am trying to run the Watlow F4 Controller Driver downloaded from NI website to control an environmental chamber. I connected the GPIB port to PC using a GPIB-USB-HS cable. The GPIB to ModBUS interface board ICS 4804A is found in MAX and I am able to get queries from it with *IDN? command. When I run the Watlow VI. I got Error -1073807331 (0xBFFF001D) The Specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource. I am not sure what I am missing. Please see attached picture for details. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many many thanks

Fliu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,742 Views)

Depends on what that VI is trying to do.

Only you would know since you have the VI.

Message 2 of 6
(4,734 Views)
Look at the block diagram and tell us what argument 2 is or attach an image or the actual VI.
Message 3 of 6
(4,727 Views)
p.s. I looked at the download page and it says serial support. Probably some serial settings to remove if you want to use a gpib connection.
Message 4 of 6
(4,724 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I run step by step. The error happened during initialization. I got the following :

Property Node (arg 2) in Watlow F4.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Watlow F4 Profile.vi

"<ERR>WLF4 Initialize The ID Query Failed. This may mean that you selected the wrong instrument or your instrument did not respond. You may also be using a model that is not officially support by this driver. If you are sure that you have selected the correct instrument and it is responding, try disabling the ID Query"

I am using a watlow F4 controller and I was able to get query through *IDN? Please see attached pictures. Any suggestions are greatly apprecited

Thanks

Fliu

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,690 Views)
Remove the asrl in property. You have GPIB and as I said, the driver is written for serial. You may find other serial functions in the driver that have to be removed.
Message 6 of 6
(4,678 Views)