Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watlow F4 GPIB-USB-HS Error-1073807331 The Specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource

Hello,

I am trying to run the Watlow F4 Controller Driver downloaded from NI website to control an environmental chamber. I connected the GPIB port to PC using a GPIB-USB-HS cable. The GPIB to ModBUS interface board ICS 4804A is found in MAX and I am able to get queries from it with *IDN? command. When I run the Watlow VI. I got Error -1073807331 (0xBFFF001D) The Specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource. I am not sure what I am missing. Please see attached picture for details. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many many thanks

Fliu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,745 Views)

Depends on what that VI is trying to do.

Only you would know since you have the VI.

Message 2 of 6
(4,737 Views)
Look at the block diagram and tell us what argument 2 is or attach an image or the actual VI.
Message 3 of 6
(4,730 Views)
p.s. I looked at the download page and it says serial support. Probably some serial settings to remove if you want to use a gpib connection.
Message 4 of 6
(4,727 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I run step by step. The error happened during initialization. I got the following :

Property Node (arg 2) in Watlow F4.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Watlow F4 Profile.vi

"<ERR>WLF4 Initialize The ID Query Failed. This may mean that you selected the wrong instrument or your instrument did not respond. You may also be using a model that is not officially support by this driver. If you are sure that you have selected the correct instrument and it is responding, try disabling the ID Query"

I am using a watlow F4 controller and I was able to get query through *IDN? Please see attached pictures. Any suggestions are greatly apprecited

Thanks

Fliu

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,693 Views)
Remove the asrl in property. You have GPIB and as I said, the driver is written for serial. You may find other serial functions in the driver that have to be removed.
Message 6 of 6
(4,681 Views)