From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VXI-11 Server Example

Thanks Makoto!

Now the Portmap message can reply immediately.

I used Wireshark to capture the data when using LabVIEW TCP example,the data in example  was sent in about 3 seconds after handshake,I found there is a function global VI named TCP Listen internal list.vi which store the connections,so I make my own function global to store just one connection for port 111,saving a lot time.

Here is the picture about portmap between two PC.

I will try the rest  of  VXI-11 messages.

portmap OK.png

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(4,047 Views)

您好,由于我现在的项目需要实现支持VXI-11协议的服务器,这方面的资料比较少,现在无从下手,是否可以教教我,给我一些实例源码,我的设备是运行于windows系统的,非常感激

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(3,663 Views)

Hello, I downloaded your testvxi.vi file and found that I can write the VXI11 server communication, but I used labview2007 and labview2014 in the VISA and I can not write the server communication, I ask you when you write testvxi.vi What is the version of labview and VISA? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(2,770 Views)

Dear Sir, have you accomplished writing VXI server.c? I have an STM32 development kit and I created TCP server on port 111 using BSD sockets. NI on my PC, connects to my embedded server on the same ethernet network and sends some hex data that I do not know how to respond. I will be grateful for a guidance.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(2,081 Views)

Can I ask, without intruding too much, whhy you are implementing VXI-11 server? VXI-11 won't work on IPv6 networks and has a lot of overhead (RPC) so it is bascally being phased out with HiSLIP. See spec IVI 6.1 at www.ivifoundation.org.

If you join the LXI Consortium (www.lxistandard.org) you have access to the source code for a HiSLIP server.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(2,065 Views)

First of all, thank you for taking my inquiry into consideration.

The reason why I need VXI-11 server source code is, I am designing my own test equipment which should support VXI-11 server capabilities, likewise function generators, oscilloscopes and some DC supplies. I will use my equipment within this scope and evaluate tests using TPS program(s) accordingly.   

I will look into www.lxistandard.org and in addition to this, I've found some server code on the web based on python syntax: https://github.com/coburnw/python-vxi11-server I am a foreigner to the python syntax. I was hoping the server to be implemented using C or C++. 

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(2,062 Views)

I'm not sure NI still sells it, but you may want to look into the NI-Device DDK.  It was a toolkit to help create instruments back in the day and I think it supported VXI-11, but I'm not 100% sure.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/products/us/3gpib688-689

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(2,036 Views)