From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA resource name problem with Hameg HMS1000

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a HAMEG HMS1000 spectrum analyser and i want to communicate with it using NI VISA and SCPI commands.

First i created a driver for my device with the informations given here : http://www.hameg.com/0.563.0.html. my device showed in the device manager under  "NI-VISA USB Devices"

The problem is when i launch NI MAX i can see my device and communicate with it using "VISA TEST PANEL" but when i switch to labview, visa resource name doesn't show the name of my device.

did i do something wrong? please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,695 Views)
Did you use the VISA Wizard to create a USB RAW interface? That is seldom a good idea. Are you sure you weren't supposed to create a virtual com port? Most instrument vendors define a USB connection as either USBTMC or a serial connection.

p.s. Your link is bad.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,685 Views)

well yes i used the NI VISA Driver wizard to create a RAW usb interface, if it isn't much of a good idea should i use the windows drivers given by the vendor ? thank you again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,680 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nowever111
You should always use the driver provided by the vendor.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,671 Views)