Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA or Code Library Missing/Error -1073807202 occurred at Property Node (arg 1)

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes, I am still getting the same error in every instance. The error dialog is "(Hex 0xBFFF009E) VISA or a code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded." Today I even uninstalled all NI products from my machine and reinstalled, I am getting an identical error.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,041 Views)

What operating system are you using? Version of LabVIEW is 2015 64-bit?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,031 Views)

I am using Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit and the LabVIEW is 2015 64 bit also

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,027 Views)

Sorry, I missed that short sentence in your first post when you said you have Windows 10. Windows 10 is not compatible with NI-Serial driver. Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 are OK.

I dug around looking for NI-Serial driver that is compatible with Windows 10, but none of them are. Do you have another machine you could try this on?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ztg5025

I did try this already on another Windows 10 machine and it worked except for a read timeout, but I didn't realize that machine was running LabVIEW 2015 32-bit. I spoke with a former professor and he said that the drivers don't work well with the 64-bit version of LabVIEW. I reinstalled the 32-bit version on my own machine and no longer get the same error. 

I do however, get a timeout on the serial read as I did on the other machine, but I suppose that's for another post.

Thank you AvatarAang for all of your assistance, I appreciate your time.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(2,015 Views)

Hey, ztg5025.

No problem, happy to help.

Just a word of warning about compatibility. If Windows 10 is not included in the readme as a compatible OS, that means the driver has not been tested on it and unexpected behavior may occur. I just mean that you may get it working for the most part, but weird things could still happen. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(2,006 Views)