Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA file write works on 32 bit WIN 7 but not 64 bit

Yes... ALL the hardware is the same, I just have one USB cable that I plug into which ever computer is running the test.

The only variable is which computer is running the executable

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(2,844 Views)

Not sure why you are setting VISA buffer sizes, but according to the Help,

Set size slightly higher than the amount of data you expect to transmit or receive

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(2,841 Views)

The buffer size is specific to the instrument under test and how it does the file storage

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(2,836 Views)

@MikeMack747 wrote:

The buffer size is specific to the instrument under test and how it does the file storage

Yes, but this setting is for VISA on the PC.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(2,834 Views)

It works fine on one PC but not the other. I'm wondering if it is a driver issue now

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(2,832 Views)

@MikeMack747 wrote:

It works fine on one PC but not the other. I'm wondering if it is a driver issue now

A driver issue?

You claimed that the hardware is identical except for the UBS-serial cable.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(2,830 Views)

The hardware on the tester, the USB hub, the calibrated barometer, the CP2103 USB to RS232 converter, the IORelay card, and the unit under test are all identical. The difference is the computer running the executable. They are 2 different PC's.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(2,828 Views)

The Status of the I/O Trace will tell you if any errors or warnings occurred during communication. Looking briefly at the file you attached, I see some timeout errors.

If the comptuers can be connected to the same network, you may also want to consider remote debugging of the executable to gain some insight on where the code is failing on the 64-bit computer. You can use the debugging tools on the development machine to monitor the executable on the target machine:

Remotely Debugging Executables in LabVIEW

Taylor B.
National Instruments
Message 28 of 33
(2,825 Views)

That looks like the tool I need!

I will report back ASAP

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(2,819 Views)

The remote operation seems to cause quite a delay in the communications. Enough so that the instrument under test times out

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(2,809 Views)