Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA error with Agilent E3647A

Hi,
I'm having problems controlling the Agilent E3647A with Labview.
When using the Labview driver functions such as initialize instrument I always get VISA error

VISA Open in age364xa Initialize.vi->E3647Set.vi

and the instrument reports a
GPIB error -108

Could it be a bug in the driver function?
I do manage to perform instrument reset and output voltage on and off and the GPIB communication seems to work. I have no problems with controlling other instruments using Labview drivers.

Grateful for hints
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,031 Views)
Martin:

The status code you give is a warning, not an error. Note that the 'status' boolean in the error cluster should be 'false'. This code is VI_WARN_CONFIG_NLOADED, which usually means 1 of 2 things:

1) If you called VISA Open with mode 4 (load resource settings from visaconf.ini), it will return this warning since NI-VISA does not allow GPIB-specific configuration settings in visaconf.ini (other than aliases). So all this warning means is that you asked for user-specific settings, but it found none. Everything is OK.

2) NI-VISA could not load at least 1 Passport. You should run MAX (assuming this is Win32) and see if you find a "VISA Error" icon. It should tell you which Passport(s) could not be loaded. You can disable the appropriate Pass
port, or if it's a problem with a Passport that you really need, contact NI Tech Support.

I hope this helps.

Dan Mondrik
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,029 Views)