From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Open Error

Hi ,

I'm trying to connect my PC to the Ixia Traffic Generator using the NI MAX and using ethernet, got the message:

IP address of device: 2.10.2.7 and socket of 23

Error opening resource:

TCPIP0::2.10.2.7::23::SOCKET

VISA: ( Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or the resource is not present in the system.

With the same above configuration, I have no problem connecting the device.

What is the problem? Please help.

Thanks

Phong

Phong
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,197 Views)

Hi Phong,

What do you mean that you have no problem connecting to the device? Can you properly communicate with it in non-NI software?

Is this error in LabVIEW? Can you communicate with the device using MAX Test Panels?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,167 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to confuse you

I meant I had no problem connnecting the device on different PC using the same settings.

I have problem using MAX Test Panels. I use this MAX to communicate with the device first before using LabView.

I'm not sure I missed any of the traffic generator functions.

Thanks

Phong

Phong
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,165 Views)

Can you successfully ping the device through the terminal, or communicate with it through any non-NI software right now?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,124 Views)

No Daniel,

I'm even using Agilent IO Expert and it is still not working.

Thanks

Phong

Phong
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,115 Views)

Is the device on a switch or router? are you using a serial to ethernet converter? Have you used other devices on the port before?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,088 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Can you with this?

I did download the Modulation Tool Kit. Now, I'm trying to go to Modulation examples learn more about modulation.

I also downloaded the NI RF training book " rf_comm_handbook_2007" to learn about modulation using Labview.

In this book, it show couples of examples: PSK_Transceiver(Template).vi and QAMSymbolMapTutorial.vi.

I cannot find these files from the NI examples

Where can I get these files.

Thanks

Phong
Phong
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,791 Views)