From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA:(HEX 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid but visa cannot currently acess it

I AM USING A USB TO SERIAL CONVERTER ON MY LAPTOP.THE CONVERTER IS WORKING WELL TESTED ON HYPERTERMINAL BUT LABVEIW DISPALYS ERROR WHEN READING WRITING SOMETING.THE ERROR IS THAT 

VISA:(HEX 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid but visa cannot currently acess it

PLS PLS HELP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(11,580 Views)

Make sure you close hyperterminal before you try using LabVIEW. Otherwise the port is not available for LabVIEW.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(11,575 Views)

Did you search for that error code, either the hex or decimal value of 1073807246? It has been repeatedly mentioned and the solution remains the same - make sure that no other program (i.e. Hyperterminal) is accessing the port. Windows does not allow more than one process at a time to connect to a serial port.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(11,574 Views)

I had the same error message with my serial port. 

My issue was that a first program prematurely terminated before the serial port was closed.  Then a second program executed that was using the same serial port again which resulted in this error message.  To resolve my issue, I re-ran my first program and let it terminate the serial port and then ran the second program.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(10,881 Views)

As others have reported, this error is usually due to a port conflict (two applications trying to use the same port at once).  This can also happen in LabVIEW if you don't close the VISA session after you're done with it. This is common if you terminate the program before it reaches that code by stoppnig the VI, or if you do not insert the close VISA session VI into the code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(9,090 Views)

I am getting this error even after closing LabVIEW and rebooting the computer.  MAX will not open a VISA session to the power supply I'm using and I have not found any conflicts either.   Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(7,924 Views)

I'm guessing that you are having a non-labview issue. A few suggestions:

1. Try it on another computer
  2. Try the OEM software
  3. If the protocol allows it, try a simple terminal program and manually accessing the device
  4. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and any associated port hardware
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(7,922 Views)

The error is because something is using the comm port..i resolved it booting down the computer several times in order to close every possible responsable..because none labview application was running before.

I add some to the question,with the previous comments: i had labview 2012 and daqmax 9.5 they were working rigth on an application, but suddenly the daqmax communication get lost...checking what  happen using max is obtained this "The niGPIBsys.dll plug-in caused an exception in the CmxSysExpertManager::FinalizeExpert function in the NIMax process".

At the forum someone said reinstal windows or reinstal/update the NI drivers,,,i already did the second one (reinstalation) but nothing works again

¿ Has someone had a similar issue ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(7,843 Views)

It was a non-LabVIEW issue.

It requires the OEM driver and not the more generic chip driver for the USB chips.  Unfortunately the OEM disk has been misplaced and the OEM website only links the more generic chip driver information.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(7,836 Views)

I was finally able to get the driver information from the OEM.  Thank you to them.  It's so nice to see the instrument responding properly to commands!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(7,811 Views)