Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Devices with same serial number and vendor ID cannot work together (0xBFFF003A)

Solved!
Go to solution

Can you tell from which location you got this answer ?

Still I think there is a USB driver on your system that will work together with the Yokogawa USB driver. 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(2,603 Views)

Is it possible to try this on another computer ? I think you only need to install MAX and VISA (run-time)

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(2,573 Views)

The instruments should also being listed in the Windows Device Manager. Are they OK there ?  If  there is an error, the VISA layer can't wotk properly.  There you also should be able to view the instruments USB ID   in properties .

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(2,558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by sqrt(-1)

K C ha scritto:

Is it possible to try this on another computer ? I think you only need to install MAX and VISA (run-time)

Sorry for the late reply.
I haven't tried another pc yet but in the meantime I've connected the 2 WTs using the RS232 interface and they can work simultaneously.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(2,522 Views)

OK. Not a nice workaround but it is a solution. In your case I can imagine that that is fine for now.

I assume you have WT without GPIB and/or Ethernet. That would be much faster.

Still I am curious what the result is with another computer if that is possible.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(2,516 Views)

K C ha scritto:

OK. Not a nice workaround but it is a solution. In your case I can imagine that that is fine for now.

I assume you have WT without GPIB and/or Ethernet. That would be much faster.

Still I am curious what the result is with another computer if that is possible.

Kees

Yes, Acquisition with RS232 is fine for me.

I've just connected (USB) the two WTs on another PC and I have the same problem. They cannot work simultaneously.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(2,509 Views)

That is strange. Now I am pretty sure that one of the instruments is wrong. But I don't think you want to send it in for repair just for this.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(2,488 Views)