Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA 3.0 Compatibility

After a long time of troubleshooting the problem of an absolutely non working VISA 3.0 distribution which made my LV VIs hang on an older Classic MacOS 8.6 machine I was finally able to restore all VISA performance under the antique but still fine Classic MacOS 8.6. Somehow earlier VISA-installations got jammed into a state where only careful manual deletion of the files Scott mentioned finally cured the problem. All attempts to use the uninstall options of the various VISA-installers did not solve the problem in my case.

I experienced that VISA3.0 runtime and full would not run on MacOS 8.6 in any case, so NI please change the download title at:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BAC002C51FA?opendocument&node=132070_US

from ''NI-VISA Version 3.0 for Mac OS--8/9'' to ''NI-VISA Version 3.0 for Mac OS--9.X'' !

The Carbonlib however does not seem to matter with this so much. I did install the newest 1.6 Carbonlib from Apple which supports the MacClassic systems from 8.6 onwards.

Now the VISA 2.6 full or runtime version does make my LabVIEW application built in LabVIEW 7.0 under MacOS 9.2 run just fine in the MacOS 8.6 environment. That's the way I wanted it and the way I have fought for.

Thank you

Urs

Urs Lauterburg
Physics demonstrator
LabVIEW wireworker
Physics Institute
University of Bern
Switzerland

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,891 Views)