Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use NI-8452 be a Slave device in SMBUS , NI-8452 will be interrupted in Communication.

回應: Use NI-8452 be a Slave device in SMBUS , NI-8452  will be interrupted in Communication.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,447 Views)

Use NI-8452 be a Slave device in SMBUS , NI-8452 will be interrupted in Communication

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,444 Views)

@HarveyTW wrote:

Hi KK,

Lets make it clear. You are trying to use NI 8452 to be the MASTER then commute with another 8452 SLAVE.

And the vi shown in your picture is programed by yourself, not the example.

Here I suggest you use the example first, to make sure the hardware and other setting is correct and workable.

The following step could help you to find the example :

Step1. Open the Example Finder in LabVIEW

Step2. There are two examples you need, MAX MAX6953 I2C Master.vi and MAX MAX6953 I2C Slave.vi 

(These two examples emulate a MAX6953 LED Matrix, and it is funcational after I tried it both on 8452 Master to 8452 Slave)

Step3. Set all parameter : the attachment 

Pullup Enable set to TURE if you do not use external pull up resistor

Digit Intensity set to 15, it will make it much clear in slave

DO NOT forget to set the character to others, or you will see nothing even you connected successful

Please update if you have any futher progress

Harvey

Are these examples Suite version specific? I cannot find them on NI Developer 2012. 😞

Could someone upload them here?

Thanks.

Christopher Povey

Principle Test Systems Engineer for BAE Systems.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,101 Views)

see if http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5767/en/  is helpful

You'll want to *read* the NI-845x Hardware and Software Manual

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,096 Views)

It turns out that the NI-8452 cards we have are new and the firmware on them was incompatible with August 2012 driver set I had installed on the PXI rack. I was getting invalid firmware errors. When I updated to the latest drivers then the examples above appeared and I can run them now.

Christopher Povey

Principle Test Systems Engineer for BAE Systems.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,077 Views)