Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use GPIB-USB-HS in place of HP Comm Card (82335)?

Recently had one of my engineers use an old computer, and found it is having hard drive issues.  I got the old PC back up and running, but I think that this is a good time to try and upgrade the hardware/software.

Old Computer:

Running Windows 95

Using a HP Communications Card (GPIB) model 82335A

The HP card then connects to a HP 8751A Network Analyzer

This runs software called HP Instrument Basic (iBasic), and has several tests saved

New Computer that I want to upgrade

Basic Desktop PC running Windows 7 32 bit

I have a NI - GPIB-USB-HS cord, from a different testing machine, that I want to use to connect to the same analyzer

With the new computer and the NI cord, I can run the iBasic software, and the test loads, but errors when it runs. 

In the code it gives the error message on the line that says "ON TIMEOUT Scode,3" then GOTO the LINE that prints the error

I have installed the drivers for the NI GPIB cord, and even tried installing/testing the Agilent library Suite.

I'm looking for any ideas that someone may have to point me in the right direction, since I am currently stuck.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,952 Views)
You really need to be talking to agilent about a GPIB controller (please don't call it a chord) to find one of their devices that is compatible with your old software. Agilent and NI GPIB functions are not compatible at the low level.You would be able to swap only if the code used the portable VISA functions.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,945 Views)