Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating GPIB-ENET/100 Firware to C.9

Solved!
Go to solution
I inherited an older GPIB-ENET/100 and I need to update the firmware to ver C.9. I haven't done it in a long, long time and I vaguely remember there is a trick to do it. I searched this forum and didn’t find anything that helps. I followed the steps in Help file and I don’t think NI revised Help for the latest version of NI MAX (ver 15.0). There is no “UPDATE” button in the preferences window. I haven’t found the “UPDATE” button anywhere. I also have a service request and NI basically told me to do the same steps as in the Help. Has anyone updated the firmware using the latest version of NI MAX 15.0??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,609 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jamiva
I found a solution. If you go to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-488.2\GPIB-ENET" folder, you will find the "FirmwareUpdate.exe" application. Double click that executable, it works just fine. I have no idea why my installation of NI-MAX didn't have that app listed in the menu. BUG in the install or user error??? I have NI-MAX on three machines and none of them have that app.
Message 2 of 2
(3,602 Views)