Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported version of visa

Hey s1m0n,

I think that this article might help in your situation.

Differences Between Nl-VISA and Tek-VISA -  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E3B8CA02F49572A386256C1100007424

So if you already have the Tek version of VISA you could probably proceed with that. If you determine you need NI-VISA as well and you can try seeing if the other driver is stoping the NI-VISA driver by trying to uninstall the other driver. As the article states we don't make the Tek-VISA driver but I would assume it has a pretty straight forward uninstall process.

Also as a double check, here are some methods you can use to verify what NI software is currently installed on your system.

Determine the Version of the NI Software Installed on My Computer - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2266B58A5061E86A8625758C007A4FE3

In addition, in order to get better visibility for this question in the fourms, it might make more sense to make a new post as this one is from 2008. If you think it might still be relevant you can link this post with the URL.

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,569 Views)

Hi yamadj,

many thanks for your reply!

The Tek-Visa I could not find any de-insaller; neither from Windows nor from the installation disc. So I decided to start from a new installed Windows on that computer. 

Many Thanks and Best Reards,

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,564 Views)

You need to uninstall the Tek Visa and then install the NI one. If you need Tek Visa for some reason then you will be able to add Tek Visa as a secondary VISA. This goes for Keysight VISA also. NI VISA must go one first.

Message 13 of 15
(1,560 Views)

Thank you much cymrieg for this hint!

I could not ged rid of the Tek-VISA. I re-installed Windows and started from that point installing all NI related software and drivers. Now Everything is working well.

Many Thanks and Best Regards

Christian

Message 14 of 15
(1,538 Views)

Hi, Good day

I need programming the the USB-GPIB, to do this I need have installed the NI4882_1760f0.exe, but, When I try to install it, I get the same message (image attached error01)

I have Windows 10 Home Single Language x64.Someone could give me a solution? 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,065 Views)