From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Read SRQ Request over GPIB Bus

Hi Guys , 

Am a newbie in GPIB Programming with no experience. I am currently working on a project which require to Listen to data communication between Controller and Device via GPIB Bus.

The controller being NI GPIB-USB Controller connected to instrument which is to be controlled. My idea was to attach another GPIB-USB Adaptor (Currently am using Prologix GPIB-USB Controller) in LISTEN ONLY mode to see the data communication between the Controller and instrument.

I am able to collect all the commands sent from Controller to Instrument and reply from instrument, But unable to see any SRQ Code. Only those are missing. , Can anyone guide me on what am i doing wrong. Am using python's PySerial Module to achieve this. I have attached a sample code as below ,

CODE:

import os.path
import serial
import sys
from time import sleep

comport = '/dev/ttyUSB0'
# addr = '5'

ser = serial.Serial()

try:
    ser = serial.Serial( comport, 9600, timeout=0.5 )

# Switch to DEVICE mode
    cmd = '++mode 0'
    print('Sending:', cmd)
    cmd = cmd + '\n'
    ser.write(cmd.encode('UTF-8'))

# Set instrument to LISTEN ONLY mode
    cmd = '++lon 1'
    print('Sending:', cmd)
    cmd = cmd + '\n'
    ser.write(cmd.encode('UTF-8'))

# Read the Data from GPIB BUS
    while(True):
        s = ser.read();
        if len(s) > 0:
            print(s)

When the Controller Issue a Command "T" to the instrument , It reponse back with an SRQ 49 , But in the Data Log collected , I only see the Next Command issue after T and cannot read the SRQ service number. But when i check the devide log , i can see that the Device replied with SRQ 49 After receiving command "T" from Controller.

Can anyone suggest what am i missing in here ? Am using the Prologix GPIB USB Controller in Device Mode and in LISTEN ONLY setting.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,736 Views)