Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB device no rename menu option NIMAX

I've recently had to reinstall NI Max and all supporting drivers to a new machine. When I open NIMAX, I'm showing two USB-6221 DAQs, one of which (named dev1) shows as disconnected and the other (dev2) is active.

I need to delete the inactive one and rename the active one to dev1, and heretofore had no problem doing that-- just right-click and select "remove" on one and "rename" on the other. Now, though, when I right-click all I get is "self calibrate."

I've updated to the latest version of everything. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere? I have a production system down until I can get this resolved.

--

Ro ma wa ichi ni chi ni shi te na ra zu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,958 Views)

@gdecker wrote:

I've recently had to reinstall NI Max and all supporting drivers to a new machine. When I open NIMAX, I'm showing two USB-6221 DAQs, one of which (named dev1) shows as disconnected and the other (dev2) is active.

I need to delete the inactive one and rename the active one to dev1, and heretofore had no problem doing that-- just right-click and select "remove" on one and "rename" on the other. Now, though, when I right-click all I get is "self calibrate."

I've updated to the latest version of everything. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere? I have a production system down until I can get this resolved.

Did you transfer NI-MAX settings or simply re-installed software from scratch?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,940 Views)