From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB communication with Measurement Computing USB 4301 daq device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hİ guys, I am not sure about writing under the correct forum section but this section seems to me the most relevant one. Anyway, my problem is to communicate an USB daq device of Measurement Computing, model USB 4301, to labview 2014 SP1. I installed all required drivers and programs, however, I can see the device neither on NI MAX nor Labview 2014 SP1. The device is recognize only by the program called "Instacall" which is shipped with the device drivers setup. All labview drivers are seen under the user libraries, there is no problem on that. It is said that the Instacall write an configuration file, CB.cfg, however, I cannot locate it even that I search on whole C partition of the HDD. How can I solve this issue?

This are quoted from the help file of ULx NI Labview drivers:

"To configure your hardware, complete the following steps:

1. Close NI LabVIEW if it is running.
  2. Connect the MCC hardware that you want to use in NI LabVIEW.
  3. Open InstaCal and configure the hardware. InstaCal assigns a board number to each device it detects on the system. The board number assigned to the device in InstaCal is the number used to recognize the device in NI LabVIEW.
  4. Close InstaCal.

Note: NI LabVIEW reads the CB.CFG configuration file created by InstaCal. If you need to change any device settings make sure that NI LabVIEW is closed before you open InstaCal.

"

The program & driver that I installed from here (MCC DAQ CD, ULx for NI Labview)

By the way the software I am using is Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,443 Views)

I have found the configuration file under program data eventually. But I do not know how can I import it to ni mx since it does not support files with cfg extensions as I see. How can I do that? Changing the extension work?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,436 Views)
You are not supposed to see it in MAX. If you have the drivers installed correctly, you can open any of them by browsing to the folder. After installation, did you restart LabVIEW? You don't have a new palette?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,423 Views)

There is a new palette in which vis of the device are shown. The problem is when I tried to browse physical channels, there seems nothing. There is no device. No problem for the labview driver installation for the device as you see on the screenshot.

Untitled.png

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,416 Views)
How do you know LabVIEW 2014 is compatible with Windows 10 ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,412 Views)

I have never said that.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,403 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author newbieeng
Why would you expect to detect any analog inputs for a counter/timer device?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,398 Views)

Oh my god... I do not remember whether I changed the polymorphic vis function option or not. I have just put this screenshot as an example, since I do not have device connected on the pc. Tomorrow, I will be able to check it on office pc. I will inform... If I forgot to change that, this is a really silly situation 😞 I will inform you tomorrow.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,392 Views)
It also looks like the device is obsolete from mcc. Their support is probably a better place to post. Your problem is not really related to this board.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,389 Views)

I have just checked the vi by change of its function to counter option. Now it seems ok as it is seen on the image. It is my careless of not changing the polymorphic vi function. Sorry 😞

Untitled.png

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,371 Views)