From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB RAW read error

I used the VISA Driver Development Wizard to setup my USB device in RAW mode. I'm using NI-VISA 3.3. My device shows up in MAX and when I view the attributes the "USB Bulk-In Pipe Status = -1", which I understand is not good. The bulk-out pipe is OK. I am able to send to my USB device, but I cannot receive without getting an error about setup invalid due to attributes not set correctly. I can send AND receive to my USB device using another application, so the hardware is OK. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,033 Views)
Hi Jerry,

What is the error number you are getting when trying to read from the device? Also, how are you able to write and read to and from the device when NI VISA is the driver? Are you using a different computer?

john m
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,021 Views)
Hi John, thanks for the reply,
I am able to communicate with different applications by changing the vendor ID and product ID in my USB device descriptor table. And that is where my problem was. I, by accident, had my endpoints setup for interrupt instead of bulk transfers. This mistake was actually found by the NI field engineer who stopped by to help me out. Many thanks to Steve Schiffhauer for saving me many hours of troubleshooting.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,017 Views)