From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-8451 pull up resistor

Dear all,

I'm using the 8451 as i2c master, and for some reason (not important for this discussion) I need to use one of the 8451 pins as a 3.3V voltage source.I chose a DIO pin for the job and with Labview I managed to configure it properly to 3.3v with "push pull" driver type. My question is if there's an internal pull up resistors and if so, how could I configure it?

Thanks,

Or

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,743 Views)

The USB-8451 does not have the built-in pull up resistor.  If you want to keep using the 8451, I would use the +5V output and then a 3.3V regulator to get your 3.3V.  You can then use 10k resistors for a pull ups.  Your other option is to just buy an USB-8452, which has the option to enable the I2C pull up resistors to 3.3V (or 1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V, or 2.5V).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(3,726 Views)

Thank you.

Are you familiar with a way to staticaly determine the sda or scl pins?

I would like to assign a logical '1' or '0' for a long period of time rather then just sending specific bytes with the labview's i2c writing example (which by the way,keep returning the msg I have attached)

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,720 Views)