From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two triggers on NI 1428 board

Dear all,

I am trying to develop a vi which lets me save stacks of images, using two external triggers. The first one to tell the line-scan camera how many lines in one image, the second to tell it how many images in one '3D stack of images'. How would I go about this? I've tried messing around with imaq ConfigureTrigger3 but can't work out how to do so exactly. Also, what Imaq functions would need to be inside my loop and what functions would not?

Thanks,

Eluri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,717 Views)

Hi Eluri,

There are a few limitations with the IMAQ Configure Trigger function and some of the other functions that use the trigger lines, these are explained in detail in the following article:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7AD7F80F2FFDA6B786256BE60064EC57?OpenDocument

I would also take a look at some of the examples in the NI Example Finder which is in the Help menu under Find Examples. The ones that are relevant to you can be found under Hardware Input and Output>> IMAQ>> Signal Input and Output. There are numerous examples some of which will be applicable to you, as well as this they will save you a lot of time in coding from scratch.

With regards to which functions you should include in the loop, this should only be functions that need to happen with each loop iteration, for example you would not use the Initialise VI within the loop but may use some of the utilities used for grabbing image data or processing the image.

I hope that this helps.

Kind Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,708 Views)