Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trubble initiating USB 2000 Ocean optics spectrometer

Please specify what did not work.

I don't know a machine in the 200 series!

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 58
(2,002 Views)

Yes, please specify what did not work as we could troubleshoot the problem and include changes in a revision of the driver.

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 58
(1,962 Views)

Version 1.3.2 should be live in a few hours and this latest version implements the changes suggested previously.  Would someone mind trying these out and let us know how it goes?

kudich, feel free to elaborate so we may troubleshoot your issue.

Ocean Optics 2000 4000 Driver Page

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7833BD4A31DA1274E04400144FB7D2...

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 58
(1,953 Views)

Hi guys,

I am having a very similar problem with my USB2000+ spectrometer. First I installed the OO-drivers and their OcenView software, and everything worked great. Then I wanted to couple it up to labview, so I changed the driver to the one from the USB2000+ driver on NI.com.

This made it possible to see the spectrometer in NI MAX, and also in the difference VISA resources.

The problem is that the examples from the drivers do not work. Both the continuous and single measurement VI's halt on the "VISA read" vi. The error it provides is that a TimeOut has occurred. It is trying to read 512bytes of data, but even if I set it to only read 1 byte, the error still occurs. 

I have attached an IO trace. 

my setup is:

win7 enterprise

LabVIEW 2012 sp1 32bit, pro.dev.sys.

VISA 5.2

I hope you can help me; I was so looking forward to using it together with labview. 

Regards

Jørgen Houmøller

Denmark

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 58
(1,791 Views)

I have found a solution to the problem. I uninstalled all the different software and drivers, and then reinstalled the NI drivers again. This resolved the problem. 

So it would seem that it was a driver problem of some sort. 

Message 55 of 58
(1,760 Views)

Was James' problem ever resolved?

I cannot get past a VISA-Read timeout error.  I am using Labview 2015 with NI-VISA 5.4.  I am using the Labview vista driver (no other drivers have been installed).  The code fails when reading data saying there is a time-out error.  I have verified that the commands are correct as specified by the spec sheet.  I have completely formatted a computer to be sure there are no driver issues.  

I am using an HR2000+.

Any help on ways to fix the timeout error would be great.  I've already tried increasing the timeout time from 10s to 100s and it did not fix the problem.

Thanks,

M

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 58
(1,484 Views)

Hi

I'm working on it but need at least today to find out.

I have a working and a non working version but could not find out what is wrong, and I need to understand this before I can make an update.

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 58
(1,471 Views)

An updated vérsion of the driver is available since this morning.

Tested on aNirquest and a hr4000

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 58
(1,455 Views)