Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble creating exe using USB-GPIB

Problem Description :
I have created a LabVIEW 7 application and installed the USB-GPIB on my PC and everything works great. I am only communicating with one HP6633A power supply via the USB-GPIB and it works on my PC. I also use the serial port to talk to other instruments. Once I generate an application using the application builder, and port everything to another XP PC, everything
works except the GPIB code. The USB-GPIB seems OK in Measurement and Automation Explorer and I can successfully query the HP power supply so the hardware
portion seems to be working properly. I had a similar problem when using the serial port and then creating an application using the application builder. I first had to set an option in the applica
tion builder to install the serial drivers when building the application. Is this a similar problem? I didn't see an option specifically for GPIB in the application builder. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,920 Views)
I discovered what the problem was. When installing the NI-488.2 for windows, the typical installation must be de-selected and the advanced installation selected in order to install the VISA drivers along with the GPIB components. Once I re-installed the NI-488.2 and included the VISA drivers, the LabVIEW executable program worked as expected. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,920 Views)