Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The communication with the instrument and PCI GPIB stops

I am running a GPIB device Lock in amplifier with NI PCI GPIB card. The open VISA generates error after some time.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,105 Views)
Are you continually calling viOpen? You should only call viOpen one time at the beginning and continue to use the returned device handle for subsequent calls. viOpen allocates resources and calling it multiple times could cause the available resources to deplete and cause failures.

If you send an NI Spy capture that can help isolate the problem if that is not the cause. Just launch NI Spy, set capture mode to on and run your program. Then, save the file and attach it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,105 Views)
Who rated this answer a 1 star? Please explain why this answer was so unsatisfactory that it deserved to be so lowly rated?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,105 Views)
Just passing by and taking a look at interesting questions, I don't think your answer deserved one star. I don't know any of the participants in this thread, but might have a guess about how it happened.

In the display of an answer and the clickable buttons for ratings and the clickable button for "comment on this answer", notice what is right next to what. It's almost like a PC having the "backspace" key right next to the "enter" key, so easy to hit "enter" and commit the error that you were trying to back out of. But not quite identical, because even if the user's fingers work right, the web page depends on the mouse's rollers not glitching in the instant before clicking, and you can surely guess why I'm aware of mouse rollers glitching.

Anyway, if I had the question involved here, I would surely have posted a followup saying what the situation actually is, whether it matched your guess or not. Or more precisely, I would surely have posted a followup unless the click accidentally landed on the one-star button.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,105 Views)