From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tettex Drivers

Hi,

Does anyone know of any drivers for a Tettex Model 2767 Transformer Test Set and a Tettex Model 3691 Programmable Current Burden?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,367 Views)
Hi JStewart,

After searching the Instrument Driver Network (ni.com/idnet) and Google, I did not find any LabVIEW drivers for Tettex instruments. You may consider requesting a driver from idnet. Driver development is generally done on judging customer demand. Also, perhaps someone else on these forums may have used LabVIEW with these instruments before and may be able to offer assistance. If not, you may have to program your own driver, and if you have specific questions while doing that, we'll be happy to help!

John M
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,349 Views)

Hi JStewart,

i have a project where i use a TETTEX 2767.

I use labWIEW and GPIB bus to communicate with this instrument,

I would be VERY VERY happy if you find a solution to your problem and if you could give me TETTEX 2767 LabVIEW drivers.

I found a solution, but i'm not very satifate with this, because i have to wait some seconds before having a response from my instrument.

Thanks for your help

M

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,256 Views)

Hello
i would like to know if you found a solution to communicate with the TETTEX 2767 and LabVIEW.

Thank you for your help.

Elmomo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,189 Views)
Hi Elmomo,

Unfortunately we didn't find a solution. There were no off-the-shelf drivers, so we would have had to develop our own. Because of this, the project became too expensive for our client and was shelved.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,177 Views)

Thank you JStewart
but if you have one, please don't forget me.

have a good day

Elbomomo

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,169 Views)

i would be glad to look at the solution you found even with some delay...can you please share the code

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,930 Views)
Please pay attention to the date of this thread and the last time anyone here posted. If you have a specific question about how to communicate with the instrument, you need to attach your code and the instrument manual.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,916 Views)

dennis please find the instrument manual my test code and my observations below

when I Send "?VS" command over GPIB i get a response"*0 Done\r\n", this indicates that the message has been accepted succesfully
after that if i keep Polling at every 500 ms for data i keep getting some data in a pattern. what is this pattern, sample data in attached Text File.
  • is there some kind of message format which i am missing.
  • is some delay needed before Response to a particular message should be read.
  • is the device expecting some kind of ack from host to stop transmitting the data pattern
  • is there some specific setting for the IEEE interface that is needed at the start.

please look at the tettexprogramming Sample file for programming details

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,898 Views)

my sample program attached

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,898 Views)