Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testo 176 - Serial initialisation problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi _Xilinx_

I am trying to use Testo 175 with LabVIEW, to acquire live data, but haven't had any success so far.

I have got all the drivers and LabVIEW examples, I could only initialise the comms, but in the examples, when the code executes NumCols command, I always get 0.

I have been intouch with Testo local office but they could not help me with this issue. They have advised me after more than a month wait that German office could not replicate the problem, and German office checked with previous customers to check if they have any issue like this.

Looks like Testo 175 Could not provide Live data. Moreover the latest version of Commsoft software doesn't have the option to display live data.

If possible Can someone share the Version 4 of this software so that I can give a another try before giving up on this instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(3,760 Views)

Hello Shane,

Which Specific Testo 175 Series device are you using?

Which library are you using? (please provide link if possible)

This way I could try to have a look at the code you're seeing or search for possible causes of the issues you're experiencing.

Have you verified with the manufacturers of the device if you should still be able to get the live data this way? (since you mention it is removed from their latest software).

It seems like you did this and they confirmed that it should be possible.

PS: I personally do not have this hardware available. However, I will do my best to assist/help you in any way I can.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(3,738 Views)

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for your reply.

I was using Testo 175H1 http://www.testolimited.com/p/243/testo-175-h1-2-channel-data-logger

I was using the toolbox provided to me by Testo, which had LabVIEW VIs, which didn't worked, straight away. The documentation of the VIs was poor, after some trial and error I found what Instrument name I should be using, it was a string input, in the VIs provided they had the following options: "testo175-177" after runngin around I found the string which should be used is "testo175-176-2010". Anyhow we had spent enough time on this product and the support wasn't great. The reply which I got was that the German office of Testo has advised that they have checked with their previous customers, and none of them has experienced this issue, Germany office haven't tried to replicate the problem inhouse.

I think we have been spoiled by the NI Support and want the same level everywhere. We have decided to return the product and choose another manufacturer due to time constraints.

Once again I thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(3,727 Views)

Hello Shane,

Thanks for this elaborate explanation.

If there are other questions in the future, then please don't hesitate to keep us (or me) in the loop.

If I can help, then I will do my best to assist you.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(3,713 Views)

Dear _Xilinx_

I am experiencing same problem from Spain : is it possible you to send me Comfort Software basic v4.0?

May Thanks in advance,

JMPuga

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(3,703 Views)

Helo Xilinx,

Could you please share Testo Commsoft v4.0?

Were you able to solve by means of activating measure mode?

Thanks !!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(3,666 Views)

I will gladly share Testo 4 Comfort Software Basic.  It's 80MB  zip file

I have just uploaded to WeTransfer, link is http://we.tl/a2pfWsbIxt   (will expire in 28 days from now)

Just send me a private message and I'll provide new link!

(just in case Testo makes new software ,  it did not work with the Version5!   http://www.testolimited.com/download-centre )

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(3,636 Views)

Thank you very much!!!

I managed to download and install, however I have not been able to locate menu/scree to change option from logger to measure (see screenshot)

Any help?

Many, many thanks in advance,

Jose Manuel

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(3,625 Views)

I presume you have to right click (or double click) on the Testo-176 device...   I hope you figured it out by now because I'm unable to double check -testo device is in another production facility - sorry.

this is the manual on the net... http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/1040/0900766b81040b11.pdf

this is what is says in 5.4.2 , 

Performing settings

> Choose Start | Instrument control.

This function is only activated if the name of the connection is

highlighted in colour. If this is not the case:

> First click on the name of the connection to highlight it in colour

and subsequently choose Start | Instrument control.

- The window for programming the instrument opens.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(3,606 Views)

Everything worked fine!!!

Thank you very much for the help

In the meanwhile I have managed to connect dwyer temperature & humidity probe with 4-20mA and 0-5v readout NI usb daq and now I am evaluating what is the best if analog input to daq or serial connection to low cost processor platform with wifi (i.e raspberry pi?)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(3,598 Views)